Unfortunately, without knowing the exact age and make of a car, it is difficult to pin down definitively a price on how much a wheel bearing replacement should cost. Wheel bearing replacement cost like all car repair cost estimates, price is going to depend on the age, make and model of your car.
As well as the above, where you choose to get your wheel bearing replaced is going to have an impact on the cost as garage labour costs will vary.
How much does it cost to replace a wheel bearing uk. Located within the wheel hub, wheel bearings are a set of steel balls enclosed by a metal ring. The national average is about $350 to fix the wheel bearings at one wheel. Can i replace a wheel bearing or wheel hub myself.
I personally know a technician at an independent shop that makes $38 an. According to our research, a wheel bearing replacement cost in the uk ranges between £172 and £350. The average cost to replace both front wheel bearings is $250 to $500.
54 rows prices for a wheel bearing replacement range from £120 to £300 with an average cost of. It depends on whether charged hourly or at flat rate plus the cost of the bearing. If you were to replace all the wheel bearings of your vehicle, you should expect to pay anywhere between $800 and $1,000 total.
They support the balancing of the vehicle’s weight when turning, which means they wear down over time. While the average cost is around $300, it can be as low as $100 and rise to as much as $700. Well, it really depends on the hourly rate.
How to reduce the mini cooper wheel bearing replacement cost:6. Bmw 3 series 2.0 2013 How much does it cost to replace a wheel bearing?
Wheel bearings will have a massive effect on your ability to steer your car is it’s meant to. You might be worried about how much a wheel bearing replacement costs for uk drivers, but you’ll probably find it’s between £180 and £220, which. It is very important to maintain a clean environment when replacing bearings.
Be glad you don't have a yaris of similar vintage, bearings not replaceable, complete hubs @ £225 a side for genuine, about £160 a side for pattern, plus fitting. They are located on a metal axle shaft and responsible for holding the bolts that attach the tire and the wheel. For my wife's mitsi fto they are £440 from mitsi, £250 for pattern or £85 via the owners club.
Certain shops range anywhere from, say, 65 to 125 per hour. Replacing the rear hub bearings is often slightly cheaper than the fronts, although it again depends on your specific make and model of vehicle. As you might imagine, however, luxury brands cost more.
See if there is an owners club. Roughly 40% of that cost is for the parts, and the remaining 60% is labor. On average, the cost of a wheel bearing replacement works out at £210.
When installing the bearing, it should be in a clean and tidy environment, and the fine particles entering the bearing will shorten the service life of the bearing. Unless you have a special warranty plan that covers this expense, the cost will probably be higher than expected for most car owners. Unfortunately what we can do for less than $100 will usually cost three to four times that amount (and more) at a dealer.
Corporate stores typically have very talented technicians that make less per hour, but see more business than some independent shops.